Edward Wooldridge is a Partner in the Financial Services group.
Edward has extensive experience in advising lenders and borrowers of all types on a wide array of financing transactions including syndicated bank financings, asset-based lending financings, cross-border and other international financings, acquisition financings, equipment/inventory financings and bond financings. Edward also regularly advises banks, receivers, trustees and creditors on various priorities and other workout and restructuring issues involving the Personal Property Security Act (Alberta), the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act and the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act.
Edward has a broad range of experience involving the creation and negotiation of various types of energy marketing contracts including physical, financial and other derivative type agreements. He has also had extensive exposure to numerous types of commercial transactions involving the acquisition, disposition and leasing of various types of assets and interests as well as advising on many general corporate and commercial matters for businesses of all sizes.
In addition to his private practice career, Edward has taken a four-month in-house secondment with a large publicly traded corporation in Toronto, Ontario and a six-month in-house secondment with a large electricity and natural gas retailer in Calgary, Alberta.
Edward is actively involved in numerous local charitable organizations which educate and enrich the lives of children with autism.
- LL.B. (Dean's List), University of Calgary, 1998
- B.Comm. (Finance and Economics), University of Western Ontario, 1991
- Calgary Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Alberta
- Turnaround Management Association (TMA)
Edward has recently represented:
- A syndicate of four banks providing $110 million in credit facilities to a Canadian public company with subsidiaries throughout Canada and the United States.
- A syndicate of five banks providing $130 million in credit facilities to a Canadian public company with subsidiaries throughout Canada, the United States and Luxemburg.
- A Canadian energy producer with operations in Canada and the United States in securing $525 million of credit facilities from a syndicate of North American banks.
- A Canadian energy producer with operations in Canada and the United States in securing $390 million of credit facilities from a syndicate of North American banks.
- A Canadian energy producer in issuing US$300 million in senior unsecured high-yield notes.
- A Canadian energy producer in securing $135 million of credit facilities from a syndicate of North American banks.
- A Canadian energy producer in securing $100 million of credit facilities from a syndicate of Canadian banks.
- An asset-based lender in providing $15 million of credit facilities to a private corporation with operations throughout Canada, the United States and Mexico.
- An asset-based lender in providing $10 million of credit facilities to a private corporation with operations throughout Canada.
- A Canadian bank in a $95 million financing to a Canadian investment company.
- A Canadian bank in a $65 million financing to a Canadian oil and gas service provider.
- Various Canadian energy trading companies in the preparation and negotiation of ISDA's, NAESB's and GasEDI's.
- Various Canadian banks with respect to an assortment of successful workout and restructuring matters involving borrowers with operations throughout Canada.