Managing the Workplace is a series of complimentary breakfast seminars hosted by Heenan Blaikie’s Ontario Labour and Employment Group. The seminars are designed to help employers navigate the important developments and legislative updates in labour and employment, pensions and benefits, Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) and workers' compensation and privacy law.
Topics that have been covered, include:
- Complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005
- Due Diligence: Successfully Meeting Health & Safety's Highest Standards
- Conducting Workplace Investigations
- Employee Terminations: Minimizing Your Risks
- Labour Negotiations: Getting Better Results and Avoiding the Pitfalls
- Managing Claims and Controlling Costs at the WSIB
- Federal Sector Update
- Human Rights in Ontario
- The Quality in the Classroom Act, 2001
- Social Media in the Workplace
- Discipline, Discharge and Remedies in the Unionized Workplace
Each Managing the Workplace seminar is generally two hours with ample time for formal and informal Q&A with our lawyers and external experts (in some cases). Seminars are held at the Heenan Blaikie Toronto office at 333 Bay St. on the 29th floor. Participation is also available by live stream and by teleconference. For more information, including a full calendar of upcoming events, please visit our Managing the Workplace website.
Heenan Blaikie maintains the preeminent Labour and Employment law practice in Canada, with more than 125 lawyers providing distinguished services to a wide range of clients at the provincial, national and international levels. We are the Canadian member firm of Ius Laboris, a global alliance of over 40 leading management labour and employment law firms.